Dear colleagues

It is with sadness that I write to pass on the news of the death of Peter Brand, FBA, Emeritus Professor of Italian at the University of Edinburgh, and a great Italianist, who died on Friday following a bout of pneumonia.

His funeral will take place on Wednesday 16 November, 1.15 at the Church of the Good Shepherd, Murrayfield Avenue, Edinburgh.

The thoughts of all of us will be with his family at this time.

With my very best wishes

Claire

Claire E. Honess

Chair: Society for Italian Studies

Dean of Postgraduate Research Studies

Professor of Italian Studies

University of Leeds

Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK

Tel. 0113 3432808

Why study Italian?  Watch our video: Choose Italian

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies