Dear all,

Thank you very much for all your suggestions, both private and public. I thought the community might find it useful if I share the titles that were suggested to me. And perhaps other titles will be added in the future.

I think that the titles are more important than the style, at the moment.

Simone

·  Simon Pocock, The British Council in Italy. An early History (Three Mice Books 2010)

·  C. Hobday, A Golden Ring. English Poets in Florence from 1373 to the present day, Peter Own 1997

·  B.Downing, Queen Bee of Tuscany. The redoubtable life of Janet Ross, Macmillan, 2013.

·  S.Benjamin, A Castle in Tuscany. The remarkable life of Janet Ross

·  D. Medina Lasansky’s The Renaissance Perfected (Penn State U Press, 2004) — it’s not only about Florence,

·  Also: Mahnaz Yousefzadeh’s City and Nation in Italian Unification: National Festivals of Dante (Palsgrave, 2011).

·  Identity and Conflict in Tuscany, Eds. Silvia Ross and Claire Honess, Firenze: Firenze University Press,  2015.

·  Irene Marchegiani, The Poetics of Place: Florence Imagined, Firenze: Olschki, 2000

·  Silvia Ross, Tuscan Spaces. Literary Constructions of Place, Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2010

·  Walter Adamson’s Avant-Garde Florence

·         Paola Sica, Futurist Women: Florence, Feminism and the New Sciences.

·         Bernd Roeck, Florence 1900. The Quest for Arcadia. Yale UP 2009

·         Marcello Vannucci, The History of Florence, trans Charles Lambert, Newton Compton, 1988.

·         Walter Adamson, Avant-garde Florence: From Modernism to FascismHarvard UP, 1993.

·         Leavitt, David. Florence, A Delicate CaseLondon: Bloomsbury, 2002

·         Dario Gaggio: https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/the-shaping-of-tuscany/D92B0AA54FE12ADD494744FC7F3A17BB