I would like to let colleagues know that there are still a few places available for the conference:

Transnational Modern Languages

The Italian Cultural Institute, 39 Belgrave Square, London, SW1X 8NX

2-3 December 2016

Keynote speaker: David Gramling (Arizona) ‘Disinventing monolingualism in Modern Languages research’.

The conference brings together researchers who are working on the transnational across Modern Languages and whose work poses questions both on how we study culture and how we produce a version of Modern Languages that is fully respondent to practices of human mobility and cultural exchange.

Please see:

http://www.transnationalmodernlanguages.ac.uk/2016/04/06/cfp-transnational-modern-languages-london-friday-2-and-saturday-3-december-2016/

The conference will see the opening of the exhibition at the Italian Cultural Institute of the exhibition, ‘Beyond Borders. Transnational Italy’ (details to follow).

Charles Burdett

--
Charles Burdett
Professor of Italian

Deputy Head, School of Modern Languages (Research)
Transnationalizing Modern Languages, AHRC Translating Cultures Project

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies