From: Hastings, Richard
Sent: 24 October 2016 17:02
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Seattle Club Research Conference 2017

Dear colleagues

Plans for December are progressing well, and I think we may even have a record year for submissions and so a bumper Seattle Club in Glasgow in December!

This does suggest to me that the conference is still relevant, and there is enthusiasm for continuing the conference. It is run each year by a team of people volunteering to make the event happen, and there is nothing in it for organisers except everyone else being grateful to them (or more likely, complaining about the small problems that will typically come up!). So, it could even be a thankless task.

Following that wonderful introduction, if you would be keen to organise 2017's Seattle Club in December next year, could you please let me know within the next week or so? I'd then start a conversation between interested parties with the aim of being able to announce the 2017 location during the conference in Glasgow.

Best wishes

Richard

----
Richard P. Hastings PhD CPsychol FBPsS FIASSIDD FAcSS
Professor
Cerebra Chair of Family Research
Monash Warwick Professor [Department of Psychiatry, Monash University, Australia]

CEDAR (Centre for Educational Development Appraisal and Research)
University of Warwick
Coventry
CV4 7AL

Tel: +44 (0)2476 522197