Dear all,

We have recently received an update from JiscMail (the organisation who provide e-mail lists like HER Forum)  with some current issues they are aware of. We’re passing on details to subscribers but if you have any queries about these please contact the JiscMail Team directly on  [log in to unmask] .

Btinternet.com accounts – subscribers who are using a btinternet account will sometimes find they do not always receive confirmation e-mails from LISTSERV . These are the automatic ones you get when you post to the list, they confirm your subscription to a list or confirm you have changed your password. Users who experience problems are advised by JiscMail to contact their service provider to report missing e-mails and to consider using a different e-mail provider for JiscMail subscriptions.

Mac Mail users and Gmail – this affects subscribers who access their Gmail account using Mac Mail. If you are not using an up to date OS you may have been receiving digests with bits missing. If this is the case then upgrading to the latest OS (10.12 Sierra) fixes the problem. Please also check that you have configured Gmail in Mac Mail using IMAP, not POP. If you’re not sure how to do this use this helpful Google guide - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en .

Finally the JiscMail helpdesk will be closed over the Christmas period from Friday 23rd December to Tuesday 3rd January.

For more information about JiscMail see https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/ .

All the best

Sarah

Sarah MacLean MA (Cantab) MCIfA

Heritage Information Partnerships Supervisor

Listing Group

Historic England

Direct Dial: 01793 414880    Mobile: 07827 802232

For the first time ever, you can now share your knowledge and photos on the nation's list of historic buildings and places www.historicengland.org.uk/ETL #ListEngland

Historic England Logo

We help people understand, enjoy and value the historic environment, and protect it for the future. Historic England is a public body, and we champion everyone’s heritage, across England.

Follow us:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram     Sign up to our newsletter

For the first time, we are opening up The List asking people to share images, insights and secrets of these special historic places to capture them for future generations. Can you help us #ListEngland?

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.