**Apologies for cross-posting**

We publish books for academics, teacher trainers, students and policy makers, focusing on education policy and politics.

Find details of our latest titles below, including Lorenza Antonucci's Student Lives in Crisis, recently Times Higher Education's Book of the Week.

For regular Education updates, sign up to our mailing list (and get a 35% discount code) and browse our website.

You'll also be interested in this month's free article from Evidence & Policy:

The evidence base for early childhood education and care programme investment: what we know, what we don't know

Latest titles in Education from Policy Press

Student lives in crisis: Deepening inequality in times of austerity

Lorenza Antonucci

This empirically-grounded analysis compares the lives of university students at a time of austerity and financial crisis from three very different European welfare systems – Italy, England and Sweden.

Betraying a generation: How education is failing young people

Patrick Ainley

Ainley explains how English education is now driven by the economy and politics, having failed to deliver upward social mobility and a brighter future. Concludes with suggestions for positive change.

Read Patrick Ainley on our blog:  Why the Government’s ‘back to the future’ approach to education won’t work

Pushed to the edge: Inclusion and behaviour support in schools

by Val Gillies

The first book to provide a detailed insight into the politics and practices of internal school exclusion, highlighted through the experiences of the young people attending internal behaviour support units.

School governance: Policy, politics and practices

Jacqueline Baxter

Informed by twenty years’ experience as a school governor, Jacqueline Baxter considers what implications the 2014 ‘Trojan Horse’ scandal has had for the future of a democratic system of education in England.

Education systems and inequalities: International comparisons

Edited by Andreas Hadjar and Christiane Gross

Considers key questions such as how education systems impact educational inequalities along such variables as social origin, gender, ethnicity, migration background or ability.

Find out more at www.policypress.co.uk.

--

Jessica Miles, Marketing Executive

Policy Press at the University of Bristol
1-9 Old Park Hill, Clifton, Bristol BS2 8BB
Tel: 0117 954 5940

Twitter: @TPPjess

Get 35% discount on ALL our books by signing up to our newsletter here
Keep in touch: