Hello Colleagues,

I am writing to encourage you and/or your students to submit an abstract to the theme session T3. Back to the Basics: Focusing on Fieldwork in Today’s Geological Studies, at the upcoming 2017 Joint Northeast and North-Central Section meeting of the Geological Society of America in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (March 19-21, 2017).  The abstract submission deadline is just over a month away (January 3rd, 2017).

Fieldwork has previously been the backbone of many geologic studies, but today’s geologist has a multitude of analytical tools allowing them to collect data quickly and independently of field characterization. This session welcomes presentations that highlight fieldwork as a tool to inform analytical techniques that should enhance and not replace field studies and vice versa. We also welcome presentations that highlight discrepancies between field and analytical data, and how to recognize and resolve such inconsistencies.

The Pittsburgh Joint meeting has a full lineup of technical sessions, and we hope you consider presenting in the T3 session or one of the other great sessions.  A link to the full list of technical sessions can be found below.

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Tuesday, January 3, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.

http://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Section_Meetings/GSA/Sections/ne/2017mtg/techprog.aspx

Please do not hesitate to forward this email to all that might be interested.

We hope to see you in Pittsburgh next March!!

Wes Buchanan (
[log in to unmask]) Colorado School of Mines
Sean Regan (
[log in to unmask]) USGS

--
John Wesley "Wes" Buchanan II