Hi Megan,

No, not necessary. Even less necessary if both go as nuisance.

All the best,

Anderson

On 21 November 2016 at 18:23, Megan Klabunde <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi FSL experts,
In addition to implementing the standard motion parameters and also data scrubbing (Powers 2012), we have found a significant relationship between age and relative motion. To address my age and motion correlation issue, I am considering adding demeaned age and demeaned relative motion into my group level model and I was wondering if I need to orthogonalize these variables.

Many thanks!

Megan