Hi
This page explains how the angles relate to the dyads: https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FDT/UserGuide?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=fdt_spherical_polars.gif

Cheers
Saad

On 10 Nov 2016, at 14:29, Max Wichmann <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Dear all,
I'm new to Fsl and in general to neuroscience so I already say sorry if my question is not that precisely.
Anyway this is my question:

I would like to compare the direct information (dyads) for different measurements (b-values). Therefore I need to know the scalar value of the two angles presenting the orientation of one dyad in a voxel.

1. So first of all is it right that ph1samples, th1samples presenting the angles in spherical coordinates for dayd1 which can be understand as the main direction in a given voxel?
2. How can I find out the the scalar values of both angles given in one voxel?

I tried to open the ph1samples, th1samples in fslview and check the histogram. But actually I do not understand the distribution. I was thinking the x-axis represents the different angles and the y-axis their related frequency. But I cant find some information in that distribution about the given angles. Maybe the scaling is weird. But I also changed it to something like -pi to pi or -180 to 180. But still the meaning is not clear.

So I guess I have some false idea about the outputs? Maybe somebody can help me with this?

Thank you very much

best

Max