Dear Ting-Yu,

Many thanks that you are codisering my problem. I am going to run TOPUP using your suggestion.

I'd like to ask what "unusually noisy" is in my data. Is it because we scan the monkey with small FOV and the resolution of 1mm?

yes, this is in no way a value judgement. It simply reflects that the voxelwise SNR is lower than I am used to seeing. Which makes complete sense since I am used to seeing data acquired on larger brains and larger voxels.

Do you have any idea to reduce the noise and improve the quality of my scanning? Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I am afraid I don’t know enough details to be able to answer that. My guess is that this is simply a consequence of small object and high resolution.

It is not a problem for topup per se, it was just that it seems to have revealed a behaviour that I hadn’t thought could happen. I expect the new configuration file to fix that for you.

Jesper

Thank you so much,
Ting-Yu