Dear all,

We have a research position available that might be of interest to some of you. In our research group, we are very dedicated and committeed to have an evidence based approach to conduct research. We work on questions that were raised by stakeholders or come up in a priority setting exercises (or ensure that questions are formulated in a way that consider the prespectives of stakeholders) and we always start ensuring that there is an up-to-date systematic review available on the topic. This is also an approach that we are taking in this project. If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to contact me on [log in to unmask]

Job title: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Oral Health Inequalities
https://hrservices.plymouth.ac.uk/tlive_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=12559183hu&WVID=1602750fTZ&LANG=USA
Location Plymouth
Salary £32958 to £38183 pa- Grade 7
Contract Type Full time or part time, fixed term
Description
A Post-Doctoral Research Fellow is sought for a new PDSE-funded research project: Impact of a Community and patient centred dental school on the existence and gradient of Oral health inequalities in Devon and Cornwall (ICOD project). The Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine & Dentistry are committed to research excellence with a recent GBP 25 million investment in staff and facilities.
You will leading be a new PDSE-funded research project ICOD project under the supervision of Dr. Mona Nasser. You will be working with other academics in the Dental School, Peninsula Dental Social Enterprise (PDSE), local NHS authorities and other relevant organisations to evaluate the impact of the school and PDSE on oral health inequalities in Devon and Cornwall. The overall aim of ICOD project is to evaluate the impact of PUPSMD and PDSE on the existence and gradient of oral health inequalities in Devon and Cornwall. The project involves conducting a systematic literature review, collecting data from local authorities, analysing the data to measure oral health inequalities and conduct interviews with different stakeholders in the region on their perception on oral health inequality. You will be involved in other relevant projects, writing grant proposals and research articles.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified graduate with a PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent doctoral degree) with an interest in oral health inequalities.
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr. Mona Nasser at ([log in to unmask]).
This is a full time post working 37 hours on a fixed term basis of 2 years or part time working a minimum or 18.5 hours for 4 years.

Best Wishes,

Mona

Mona Nasser DDS, MSc DPH, PgCert Clin Ed, FHEA

Clinical Lecturer in Evidence Based Dentistry

Peninsula Dental School, The John Bull Building, Research Way, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 8BU, Telephone: 0044(0)1752-437384, Email: [log in to unmask]

Join us on our new programme: PgCert, PgDip and MSc in Restorative Dentistry

Website: http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/staff/mnasser1Twitter: @monalisa1n Blogmonanasser.wordpress.com

Read – our latest publications:

Karimkhani C, Trikha R, Aksut B, Jones T, Boyers LN, Schlichte M, Pederson H, Okland T, DiGuiseppi C, Nasser M, Naghavi M, Vos T, Yoong SL, Wolfenden L, Murray CJ, Dellavalle RP. Identifying gaps for research prioritisation: Global burden of external causes of injury as reflected in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Injury. 2016 May;47(5):1151-7. d

Moher D, Glasziou P, Chalmers I, Nasser M, Bossuyt PM, Korevaar DA, Graham ID, Ravaud P, Boutron I. Increasing value and reducing waste in biomedical research: who's listening? Lancet. 2016 Apr 9;387(10027):1573-86.

Watch – our work on research priority setting:

Opening Plenary of the Campbell Colloquium 2014 on research priority setting

Learn about research waste and what we can do to improve the situation

Join us in our discussions or next event:

Become a member of Evidence Based Research Network