From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Philippa Grimes <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 06 November 2016 22:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Career advice for a refugee teacher

Hi,
This year, one of my Entry 3 ESOL students is an Arabic first language speaker and a refugee.  (I have their permission to contact you.)  The student was, in their home country, the head teacher of a secondary school of over 1000 pupils for ten years.  Regarding potential career opportunities in the UK, as a first step I have suggested going to Wolverhampton University careers office for some advice.  Obviously the student's knowledge of English needs to improve up to Level 2 or beyond.  However, what further advice might you give to such a student (who has so very much to offer)?  Do let me know your thoughts, which I'll pass on.
Thank you,
Philippa
*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]