Hi Everyone,

Please see the call for research participants below in regards to access across London transport,

Kay

Dr Kay Inckle

Course Convener in Sociology

110 STC

LSE, London, WC2A 2AE
Tel: (020)7 955 6837

Office Hours: Monday 15:30-16:30; Thursday 13:30-14:30

Dear friends,

We are looking for volunteers who, for any reason, find it difficult to physically access and navigate the London transport network. We need your help to make the city more accessible to people with mobility restrictions!

MobiliCity is a research initiative that has just been awarded an European Commission grant. We are studying how people with mobility restrictions utilise the London transport network, by using an app to track the movements of volunteers as they they go about their daily journeys through London. The goal is to analyse the data to highlight inaccessible, ‘black spots’ on the network. We then hope to report our findings to authorities responsible for areas of difficulty, including TfL, Network Rail and London Boroughs, with recommendations on how to improve accessibility.
*All data gathered remains anonymous and complies with EU privacy policies.

Our biggest challenge at the moment is to attract enough volunteers for a substantial data sample, so if you think you could help us, please take a moment to look at our website and register your interest. You can also like us on Facebook and follow us on twitter @mobilicity_LDN for updates. www.mobilicity.london

Thanks for your help!

Bethania Soriano

mobilicity.london
Follow us on Facebook