Hi,

Apologies if you see this in a few places.

As some of you know, CHESS (Consortium of Higher Education Support
Services with deaf students) ran two events earlier this year where
assessors, advisers and others were invited to discuss and ‘fine tune’ a
draft guidance document for assessors working with deaf and hard of
hearing students.

As a member of the CHESS Planning Group I am sending this out to the
list to ensure that it is seen and used as widely as possible. Whilst it
is designed for assessors it should also prove useful for advisers who
are working with students who are not eligible for DSA or have not yet
had their DSA assessment.

The guidance document is on our website
http://www.uclan.ac.uk/about_us/the_consortium_of_higher_education_support_services_with_deaf_students.php
  (at the bottom of the Information and Guidance section), along with
information on support roles and guidance for teaching, assessment,
English as a second language etc.

If you are interested in joining the CHESS discussion forum, please go
to https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=CHESSFORUM

We are always happy to receive feedback and suggestions via the forum or
you can send them to me directly on [log in to unmask] if you are
not a member.

Best wishes

Natalya on behalf of CHESS Planning Group