Reed, you say: "I also think there are some problems with your take. First, this election
isn't about an abandoned white working class. Higher income white people
voted for Trump at higher rates than poorer workers. Bottom income brackets broke
for Clinton, albeit at a smaller margin than for Obama."

There are problems with this:
  1. according to NY Times polls, Trump shifted 16% of votes in the <30k group and 6% in the 30-50k group compared to 2012: those shifts are likely a mix of low/moderate Black folks who did not show up to vote and low/moderate income White folks that flipped or showed up (well, Clinton also lost 75 of Black vote in respect to 2012, so you even have Black folks who shifted to Trump!);
  2. those same exit polls were most wrong in the states which flipped (most of them in the Rust Belt), somewhere up to 10% (pollsterss were surprised that pre-election polls and exit polls were more or less wrong in the same way). People trying to understand why polls and exit polls were wrong are suggesting that there may be a differential of poll participation in different groups (indeed, up to 1/5 of Trump voters did not partake or did not tell the truth in states like Ohio, Michigan, PA). If you consider that most of Trump's discourse was on the rigged establishment, including the very media making the polls, you can easily imagine that many of the white, non educated blue-collar workers who may have flipped those states simply did not participated in polls they believed rigged to begin with.
I'd go quite careful, in short, in using those exit polls to qualify this election and especially Trump's constituency.

Nica: I take your points very seriously, is there a problem in Crit-Geog-Forum with marginalization of women? Let's talk seriously about this, I want to hear more and, if I can, improve my very behaviours
But, in this very thread, shall we discuss who was the first to dismiss other's ideas here?
Raju gave an interpretation (correct or wrong, doesn't matter), was said his discourse was mysoginist (without providing systematic evidence of that) and asked to shut up. Then there has been a lot of solidarity publicly expressed to whom bashed him; much more than to him. We also know that there has been at least one person afraid of speaking in defense of who was bashed to not "be associated with rape culture".
Should we all reflect a bit here?

--
Simone Tulumello
Post-doc research fellow, ULisboa, Instituto de Ciências Sociais

latest publication:

Tulumello S. (2017) Fear, Space and Urban Planning. A critical perspective from Southern Europe. Springer (link)

Tulumello S. (2016) Toward a critical understanding of urban security within the institutional practice of urbanplanning: The case of the Lisbon Metropolitan Area. JPER (link)

Tulumello S. (2016) Multi-level Territorial Governance and Cohesion Policy. Structural Funds and the Timing of Development in Palermo and the Italian Mezzogiorno. EJSD (link)