Hey Critters,

I have been working with the Guardian here in the UK to create a virtual reality (VR) experience that takes place in London's sewers. The experience begins at Smithfield Market, the new location for the Museum of London, and ends at the outfall near the River Thames. It includes archical stories and images, interviews with sewer workers (called flushers!) and experts in urban planning and history. You can find the launch page here: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ng-interactive/2016/nov/10/virtual-reality-by-the-guardian#

The VR experience is astounding (and slightly terrifying) and I would encourage you, if youre interested, to find somewhere near you with a Daydream headset on display and delve in. For those of you not near one, or who can’t afford to purchase one, I will be wandering around AAG Boston with a headset if you want to have a go and chat about it in person.

     -Brad
Dr Bradley L Garrett
Experimental Geographer | University of Southampton
Shackleton Building,  Southampton, SO17 1BJ
Web: http://bit.ly/1rzzFWYhttp://www.bradleygarrett.com
Books: http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B00E9ABFEM
Guardian Cities: http://www.theguardian.com/profile/bradley-garrett

Lancaster University Centre for Mobilities Research Fellow (October-December 2017): http://bit.ly/2dvuDIe