Call for Papers

‘Curating Affective Technologies’

Following our Flinders University (SA)
July ‘Curating Affective Technologies’ un-conference and paper workshop we’re calling
for submission of full 5000 word papers for a special issue of Media International
Australia (MIA) slated for publication in November 2017 and edited by Drs. Son
Vivienne and Tully Barnett.

 Our 2016 humanities research theme ‘Technologies
of Memory and Affect’ has offered multiple avenues for engagement. We call for
papers on themes including but not limited to:

Important dates:

30 Dec 300 word abstract

16 Jan authors notified

6 March deadline 5000 word papers

8 May reviews back to authors

19 June author revisions finalised

Further queries and updates:

and
www.technologiesofmemoryandaffect.weebly.com

 Also watch out for forthcoming call for
participation in a visual methodologies workshop in January and our
Technologies of Memory and Affect conference preceding the Adelaide Fringe
Festival in February 2017.

Dr Alice Gorman
T: @drspacejunk
M: 0428 450 418
B: http://zoharesque.blogspot.com.au/
The Conversation: https://theconversation.com/profiles/alice-gorman-4234/articles

-------------------------- contemp-hist-arch is a list for news and events in contemporary and historical archaeology, and for announcements relating to the CHAT conference group. ------- For email subscription options see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/contemp-hist-arch.html ------- Visit the CHAT website for more information and for future meeting dates: http://www.contemp-hist-arch.ac.uk --------------------------