The laboratory of Hiro Furukawa (http://furukawalab.labsites.cshl.edu/) at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) is seeking a postdoctoral fellow with dynamic interests in solving questions in basic neurological processes and neurological diseases using structural, biochemical, and biophysical techniques. We conduct x-ray crystallography and cryo-EM on transmembrane proteins to understand basic mechanisms of ion and substrate transport and on fragments of water soluble domains to answer specific pharmacological questions at high-resolution. We use diverse techniques to address protein functions including electrophysiology, imaging, calorimetry, and phage-display. We also attempt to understand critical protein-protein interactions in signal transduction cascades in neurons and cancer cells using a combination of proteomics, electron microscopy, and x-ray crystallography. Other projects involve structure-based protein engineering of therapeutic antibodies and developing tools for facilitating structural biology. A qualified candidate should hold or soon expected to hold (within ~6 months) Ph.D. in the area of crystallography, cryo-EM, or biophysics (such as electrophysiology) and have experiences in basic molecular biology and protein expression/purification. Experience in x-ray crystallography or cryo-EM is desired but not necessary. Please visit the Furukawa lab website (http://furukawalab.labsites.cshl.edu/) to learn about the lab before you apply and send your CV with a brief research statement (your work until now and what you would like to accomplish scientifically during postdoc) as well as 2-3 contacts for references to [log in to unmask] If you have any question regarding the available postdoctoral positions, about the lab, or about Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, please feel free to email me at the above email address.