Hi

Apologies for x-posting. I am looking for any writing by women and non-binary people of colour about the development of alternatives in addressing violence, abuse and harm in their communities without recourse to the state in a UK context.

I have found a lot of material from North America and would appreciate any leads on work that has happened/is happening in the UK.

Thanks

Julia

------
Dr. Julia Downes
Lecturer in Criminology & Social Policy
Gardiner Building Room 119
Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
The Open University
Walton Hall
Milton Keynes
MK7 6AA

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 01908 655455
Web: http://open.academia.edu/JuliaDownes
Twitter: @juliahdownes

Registration for our free one-day workshops 'Identifying, challenging and preventing gendered violence in your activist group, organisation and community' is now open. Supported by the Feminist Review Trust. Sign up here<https://projectsalvage.wordpress.com/workshops/>.

Latest report: Downes, Julia; Hanson, Karis & Rebecca Hudson (2016) Salvage: Gendered violence in activist communities<https://projectsalvage.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/salvage-report-zine-september-20162.pdf>. Leeds: Footprinters Workers Co-op

Forthcoming book chapter: McGlynn, Clare; Downes, Julia and Westmarland, Nicole (2017). Seeking Justice for Survivors of Sexual Violence: recognition, voice and consequences<http://oro.open.ac.uk/46244/>. In, Zinsstag, Estelle and Keenan, Marie eds. Sexual Violence and Restorative Justice: Legal, social and therapeutic dimensions. Routledge

The BSA Gender Study Group mailing list is for the exchange of ideas and information related to any aspect of Gender Studies and scholarship. We do not undertake editorial control of postings; viewpoints and information posted to the list do not necessarily represent the views of the convenors or association. We encourage respectful communication on the list and ask that questions related to specific postings be directed to the appropriate party.