A49331R - Research Assistant/Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (Medical Statistician) (2 posts)

Salary:
Research Assistant £26,829 - £28,452
Research Associate £29,301 - £31,076 (with progression to £38,183)
Senior Research Associate £39,324 - £41,709 (with progression to £46,924)

Closing Date: 16 November 2016

Exciting opportunities are available for medical statisticians wishing to work in a dynamic research environment. The Institute<www.ncl.ac.uk/ihs> hosts the National Institute for Health Research Design Service, and is linked to the UKCRC Registered Clinical Trials Unit as well as its own teams of statisticians and health economists.

You will be a suitably qualified statistician able to work across a number of research projects including clinical trials. We are interested in hearing from statisticians at all stages of their career but are particularly interested in statisticians with experience and interest in diagnostic studies, stratified medicine and early phase clinical trials who can contribute to all aspects of the research process including preparation of funding applications, the design and conduct of studies, statistical analyses and report writing and the presentation of results. You will be actively encouraged to liaise with clinical and lead investigators and will also provide support to colleagues in the Faculty of Medical Sciences<http://www.ncl.ac.uk/medical/> and to clinicians across the Northern Region.

A first degree in a relevant numerical subject is essential. For posts above Assistant level a post graduate statistical qualification or eligibility for the appropriate level of membership of the Royal Society of Statistics is also essential (Graduate Statistician (Grad Stat) for F level posts or Chartered Statistician (CStat) for G level posts).

You should state which level of post you are applying for and tailor your application accordingly. Successful candidates will be appointed to a suitable point on the common pay scale according to qualifications and experience.

Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Deborah Stocken via e-mail to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> in the first instance.

This post is available full time for 24 months in the first instance.

The Institute of Health & Society is committed to supporting equality and diversity for all staff and students. Applications for part time/flexible working will be considered; please state your desired working arrangements in your application.
The Institute holds a silver Athena SWAN <http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ihs/about/athenaswan/> award in addition to the University's silver Athena SWAN <http://www.ncl.ac.uk/about/athena-swan/> award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality, and the University holds the HR Excellence in Research <http://www.ncl.ac.uk/hr/about/researchers/concordat.php> award for our work to support the career development of our researchers.  We are also a member of the Euraxess network<http://ec.europa.eu/euraxess/index.cfm/services/index>.

Please click here for further details<https://vacancies.ncl.ac.uk/ViewAttachment.aspx?enc=jmxpV+AcVus8i/wvT3FZXrrCOvCUGNWd9uca/tGZrAIWFwgJv0mId440Qa444JAc4uHWSR5OI+/5oyEYlyQnxPgWX/WIRzoh0RfqiX1wpf9YtMAnh2RKuC1cTBij24Fn>

Apply<https://vacancies.ncl.ac.uk/ViewVacancyV2.aspx?enc=mEgrBL4XQK0+ld8aNkwYmH3Xpi7txW8AyWOsS5slC3ppTmMFGcH+NkVCBeUGeUTZTrHPPaT0yzYqC+76thYSJUF/CNGcQ/o6u0BjeHUXNKSVCRIkn7TMm0Cpo6I58M+XB4HiuH0tj+Z9Q0thGz9nfg==>

SIGNOFF allstat