Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate in Statistical Genetics

RefMBP01730
DepartmentHealth Sciences
Job TypeResearch
Specific Location
Contract TypeFull Time Fixed Term Contract
Salary Range
.

Job Purpose

Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate in Statistical Genetics

College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology

Department of Health Sciences

Leicester Precision Medicine Institute

Salary Grade 8 - £41,709 to £46,924 per annum

Fixed term contract for two years

Together our staff and students are discovering innovative ways to change the world for the better and there has never been a more exciting time for you to join us. We are ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide and have an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research. We are led by discovery and innovation, with the synergy between research and learning at the core of our activity.

You will join an internationally-renowned MRC and Wellcome Trust funded team (led by Prof. Martin Tobin and Dr Louise Wain) in the Leicester Precision Medicine Institute undertaking original research using unique “big data” from local studies (including over 7500 participants from the EXCEED study) and from collaborative national and international studies (including international consortium-based studies of lung function, smoking behaviour and drug response), employing large-scale phenotype and genotype data to inform understanding of disease determinants, target validation and disease prediction.

Based in the new £42m Centre for Medicine, you will develop, manage and lead large-scale epidemiological and genetic epidemiology studies of common complex diseases and traits. This will include taking a high-level role in the design, development and management of new projects, playing a key role in collaborative genetic epidemiology projects and supervising junior staff and students. You will be expected to maintain a high-level overview of projects providing technical and strategic input at all stages.

You will show proven planning and organisational skills, and analytical problem-solving capability gained over a substantial period of time as a postdoctoral researcher, together with a well-developed understanding of data management regulation and procedures. You will be able to show an ability to supervise and to motivate a team, and to evidence your research productivity and recognition including first author publications.

Click here for further information and details regarding this position

Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Professor Martin Tobin on [log in to unmask]

The closing date for this post is midnight on 8 December 2016

We anticipate that interviews will take place on 6 January 2017

--
Qingning Wang
PhD student
Department of Health Sciences
College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology
University of Leicester, Centre for Medicine, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7HA, UK
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

SIGNOFF allstat