**Apologies for cross-posting**

Age is one major topic in the American presidential election that neither candidate – nor the media for that matter – have dared to touch upon.

Kate de Medeiros, author of The short guide to aging and gerontology (details below), asks 'why? on our blog.

You may also be interested in this month's free article from Critical and Radical Social WorkAssisted dying: the search for a good death.

Please find details of our latest books below, and news of the new International Journal of Care and Caring.

We are currently offering 20% off all books on our website but, before you order, why not join our mailing list to receive a fantastic 35% discount?

Our latest titles in Ageing & Gerontology:

The short guide to aging and gerontology

By Kate de Medeiros

Paperback £14.99/US$25.00  ISBN: 978-1-4473-2838-4

​This compact, focused guide is perfect for students and others new to the field of gerontology. Features include further reading for each chapter, a glossary of key terms, and tables that provide easy reference points.

Personhood, identity and care in advanced old age

By Paul Higgs and Chris Gilleard

Paperback £24.99/US$42.95  ISBN: 978-1-4473-1906-1

​Pushing forward new sociological theory, this book explores the theoretical and practical issues raised by ageing, and the associated problems of mental and physical frailty in later life.

The new age of ageing: How society needs to change

By Caroline Lodge, Eileen Carnell and Marianne Coleman

Paperback: £14.99/US$26.00  ISBN: 978-1-4473-2683-0

With a convincing call to embrace all that is positive about ageing, this timely book challenges our assumptions and stereotypes and illustrates that we are capable of living better together longer in this new, older world.

Ageing and Globalisation, part of the Ageing in a Global Context series

By Martin Hyde and Paul Higgs

Paperback: £24.99/US$42.95  ISBN: 978-1-4473-2230-6

This book provides, for the first time, an accessible overview of how population ageing and globalisation - two of the most radical social transformations that have occurred - interact.

Ageing in Sub-Saharan Africa, part of the Ageing in a Global Context series

By Jaco Hoffman and Katrien Pype

Hardback: £26.99/US$45.95  ISBN: 978-1-4473-2526-0

In-depth ethnographic analysis provides the pan-African evidence and analysis needed to move forward debates about who and how to address the long term care needs of older people in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Beyond Successful and Active Ageing

By Virpi Timonen

Hardback £45.00/US$65.00  ISBN: 978-1-4473-3017-2

This controversial book argues that concepts such as ‘successful’ and ‘active’ ageing are potentially dangerous paradigms that reflect and exacerbate inequalities in older populations.

New journal coming in 2017!

The first issue of the International Journal of Care and Caring will be out in March 2017.

This new multidisciplinary, international journal is designed to advance scholarship and debate in the important and expanding field of care and caring.

If you're interested in finding out more about our Ageing & Gerontology list please visit our website http://bit.ly/2daxFUC

--

Jessica Miles, Marketing Executive

Policy Press at the University of Bristol
1-9 Old Park Hill, Clifton, Bristol BS2 8BB
Tel: 0117 954 5940

Twitter: @TPPjess

Get 35% discount on ALL our books by signing up to our newsletter here
Keep in touch: