Dear Colleagues,

Following review and participant feedback of the pilot runs of Diversifying Leadership, a programme designed to support black and minority ethnic (BME) staff transition into leadership roles, we are delighted to announce some key updates to the programme which will feature in the two upcoming cohorts for 2017 (dates and locations below).

Summary of Programme Updates

·         Participants: In our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have opened the programme up to tailor to both early career academics, and early career professional services staff. To maintain the quality of experience, where appropriate, small-group working will be introduced to cater to the different needs of both groups.

·         Fee Reduction: We have been able to implement a fee reduction for this programme, and are grateful to the continued funding received from the Higher Education Funding Council for England in support of our equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives.

·         Action Learning Sets: We have now included a facilitated action learning set as part of the programme, which will provide participants with more opportunity for small-group working and an additional skillset.

As a reminder, Diversifying Leadership is aimed at early career BME academics and professional services staff, up to and below senior lecturer level (or equivalent), who are about to take their first step into applying for a senior role – or aspire to a leadership role

Please note, interest for this programme remains high, and early booking is encouraged. For more information or to book your place on one of the upcoming cohorts, see here. We would be grateful if you could also pass this on to interested colleagues.

For any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at [log in to unmask].

Best wishes,

Simone

Programme Dates 2017

Diversifying Leadership 4

Module 1 - Thursday 12 January
Module 2 - Thursday 2 February
Module 3 - Thursday 16 March
Action Learning Set - Thursday 23 February

Location: Birmingham

Diversifying Leadership 5

Module 1 - Thursday 6 April
Module 2 - Thursday 27 April
Module 3 - Thursday 8 June
Action Learning Set - Thursday 18 May

Location: London

Fees

£1,000 LF members
£1,250 Non members

Simone Cohen

Marketing and Communications Manager

Leadership Foundation for Higher Education
Peer House, 8-14 Verulam Street
London WC1X 8LZ

My working days are: Wednesday and Thursday

T: 020 3468 4826
www.lfhe.ac.uk

Follow us on Twitter
Visit our Blog