Hi Carol and all,
We would also very much value being kept informed of the advice and
clarification you receive.

At Oxford Brookes we are consulting on our draft policy-
My understanding of the ECU guidance is that written self-declaration is
fine for all internal student records for name and gender marker.

However, degree certificate name change would still require formal name
change by statutory declaration.

Is this how others understand the guidance?

Best
Jane

Jane Butcher
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Adviser (Staff)
Oxford Brookes University
01865 485443
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>