From: ACB Point-of-Care Testing [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ryder David (UHMB)
Sent: 18 November 2016 12:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ketone testing

Hi Michelle,

Across 3 sites we do 8,000 tests per year. Half of these are QC tests. I was surprised by the low numbers, but as part of the training we emphasise the cost of the strips and this seems to make people averse to doing tests unnecessarily.

Thanks,

David Ryder, Point of Care Testing Coordinator

University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust
Furness General Hospital
Dalton Lane
Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 4LF