Thanks to everyone who replied to my original e-mail. It seems that QPulse is the way forward when it comes to keeping an electronic record of EQA reviews! Out of the 14 people who responded, 11 are using QPulse, 2 are using excel spreadsheets, and one is using a word document to record EQA review comments.

Of those using QPulse, some are using the Audit module, but the majority use Document control. One respondant records EQA reports as a CA/PA against the EQA supplier in the Asset module. More details in the attached summary document.

It's been really useful to hear how other labs tackle this issue and I think we will definitely try out QPulse for our EQA from now on.

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to reply!

Best wishes,

Cat

Catherine Dibden
Principal Clinical Scientist

Department of Newborn Screening / Clinical Chemistry,
Sheffield Children's Hospital,
Western Bank,
Sheffield,
S10 2TH

Tel: +44 (0)114 2717346          Fax: +44 (0)114 2717263          e-mail: [log in to unmask]          NHSmail: [log in to unmask]

Please note that I work part time. My working hours are 09:00 - 17:00 every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

>>> Catherine Dibden <[log in to unmask]> 10/11/2016 14:23 >>>
Dear Mailbase,

I'd be very interested to hear how other labs deal with logging reviews of electronically circulated EQA reports where members of senior staff review and comment on various EQA returns. We have recently moved from a paper-based system to an electronic system, with comments currently being logged on an excel spreadsheet. This obviously isn't the ideal solution, so I'd be interested to hear how others record EQA reviews electronically, if you have moved away from a paper-based system?

Many thanks,

Cat

Catherine Dibden
Principal Clinical Scientist

Department of Newborn Screening / Clinical Chemistry,
Sheffield Children's Hospital,
Western Bank,
Sheffield,
S10 2TH

Tel: +44 (0)114 2717346          Fax: +44 (0)114 2717263          e-mail: [log in to unmask]          NHSmail: [log in to unmask]

Please note that I work part time. My working hours are 09:00 - 17:00 every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust
Western Bank
Sheffield. S10 2TH
www: http://www.sheffieldchildrens.nhs.uk
The Children's Hospital Charity http://www.tchc.org.uk/
Donate here http://www.justgiving.com/tchc/donate

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail (which also means any attachments) may contain confidential or privileged material. It is intended only for the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, please return it to the sender and delete the material from any computer system/backup.

Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, any views or opinions expressed are personal to the author and do not represent the views, opinions or policies of Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust. This e-mail and its contents may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.
------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/