Van: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Namens PERRY, Mandy (ROYAL DEVON AND EXETER NHS FOUNDATION TRUST)
Verzonden: woensdag 30 november 2016 13:13
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Chromosystems urine metanephrine assay - (new) interefernec from capsaicin

Dear Mailbase

We have recently encountered an interesting problem with our Chromosystems urine metanephrine assay.
We find that in some patient samples there is an interference present which runs at the same retention time as the internal standard. Chromsystems state that this is likely to be due to capsaicin from ingestion peppers. If this is the case then we are struggling to understand why this is a phenomenon that we have only seen recently.

Chromsystems recommend that in these cases (which are recognised by an unusually large intervals standard peak) that we use an alternative internal standard with a retention time of ~17 minutes.

Have any other Chromsystems users experienced this?

Many thanks

Mandy

Mandy Perry, PhD FRCPath
Clinical Scientist, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Blood Sciences, Template A2,
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
Barrack Road, Exeter, UK, EX2 5DW
t: +44 (0)1392 402948
e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Website: www.exeterlaboratory.com<http://www.exeterlaboratory.com/>
[cid:image003.png@01D1966B.04195090]<http://www.exeterlaboratory.com/>

Thank you for your co-operation.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.nhsdigital.nhs.uk/nhsmail<http://www.nhsdigital.nhs.uk/nhsmail>

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk