Blake, maybe this is what you are thinking of:

A Fluxshoe event in which cards were given to people at random on Falmouth
Beach. They stated, “FREE DRINK, FREE MUSIC, FREE SEX” with a date and time
written underneath. Anderson then states “If anyone was brave enough to
show up at the allotted time and place they found a notice announcing a
change of time and venue. If they were persistent enough to catch up with
him, they would find him armed with a bottle of whiskey, a portable
cassette player, a vibrator and a rubber vagina” (Friedman 1998: 26)