Dear Walking Artists

Thank you to so many of you who have supported The LRM and our Loitering With Intent exhibition as People's History Museum this Summer. It closes on Friday, and when it does our collaboration with the fabulous LoneLady will vanish from the internet (although not all the treasure hunt clues have been solved so you could still get a vinyl copy)...

“I dreamt a psychogeographical sat nav that didn’t take you from A to B the most efficient way but instead lured you into the labyrinth and (re)enchanted the streets. It took you where you needed to go, not where you wanted to be, unravelling the palimpsest, decoding signs, following desire lines, redrawing power lines, making its own map as it went along. Every foot step creates our fantasy city, because this is our playground and the streets belong to everyone.” – Morag Rose

Lonelady has made my dream come true. The psychogeographical Sat Nav is a condundrum, an impossible, enigmatic, unworkable object and a magickal teleportation device amongst other things. It manifests for Loitering With Intent in the form of music which is in turns chaotic, inspiring, menacing, joyful, brutal, tender, modern and timeless like the city it invites you to get lost in.

Only 23 physical copies will ever be made. 10 of these will be prizes in a treasure hunt. Tokens will be hidden in secret locations across Manchester. Find one and swap it for a record. Clues will be posted on www.thelrm.org and on twitter @thelrm weekly from August 10th.

The Psychogeographical Sat Nav will also be available as a free download for the duration of Loitering With Intent at People's History Museum, because we want everyone to hear it regardless of their location and ability to play the game: https://soundcloud.com/lonelady/tracks

The Street Is Your Playground (LRM Mix)
a Psychogeographical Sat Nav by LoneLady feat. The LRM
A1. The Street Is Your Playground (LRM Mix) 7:06
B1. The Street Is Your Playground (LRM Empty Mix) 4:28

music written, recorded and produced by Julie Campbell
words written and spoken by Morag Rose
additional singing by Julie Campbell
C + P Warp 2016

I hope you enjoy listening

Best wishes

Morag

PS the final event of the festival is an archive show and tell on Thursday afternoon, followed by a curators talk at 6pm at People's History Museum