G*Power is an excellent program.

You just need to know the mean and standard deviations of your groups.

Best Regards,
Donald McLaren, PhD

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 4:09 AM, David Hofmann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Mohsen,

I'm not sure if there is an approach out there (I could not find any article about that so far), but in order to calculate power you need to have an estimate about the size of your effect. In resting state data this is not that easy and it depends on what you are measuring. When you are interested in connectivity for example you could take a look at other studies having the same seed region and gain some insight into the effect sizes.

greetings

David

Hi,
Does anyone know how to estimate sample size for a resting-state fmri? Is there any method to calculate the power?

Thank You,