Hi Becky,

As Cyril says in the GUI you can switch it on or off when you specify conditions, but it's on by default.

For scripting you can pass it in as a flag in the matllabbatch structure, e.g.:

matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.fmri_spec.sess(1).cond(1).name = 'ConditionName'
matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.fmri_spec.sess(1).cond(1).onset = yourOnsetVector
matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.fmri_spec.sess(1).cond(1).pmod(1).name = 'PmodName'
matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.fmri_spec.sess(1).cond(1).pmod(1).param = yourPmodVector
matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.fmri_spec.sess(1).cond(1).pmod(1).poly = 1

matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.fmri_spec.sess(1).cond(1).orth = 0 or 1

So this way you can set orthogonalisation on and off flexibly within each condition (onset).

However if you're passing in names, onsets and durations cell arrays as part of a "multiple conditions" .mat file I don't know whether there's a way to set this globally (and if you don't it will remain on). For this reason we've switched to the above method in our scripts.

Hope that helps

cheers
Steve