Optseq2 should be downloaded. Did you get it to download yet?

If you need a more complicated design or want to compare other design
matrices, you could use the following:

M = C*inv(X'*X)*C';
eff = 1/trace(M);
vrf = 1/mean(diag(M));

where C is your contrast of interest and X is the design matrix. Higher eff
and vrf are better, but you still need to have an effect. A higher vrf is
better if you expect smaller effects.

For more details on design efficiency, see
http://imaging.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/imaging/DesignEfficiency

Best,
Donald

Best Regards,