Posted on behalf of Stephen Jones ([log in to unmask])

Jo
(psci-com owner)

------

I am presently seeking scientists to participate in focus groups based in London and wondered whether you would be willing to post the message below to your subscribers? It relates to a research project I am involved in investigating the relationship between personal beliefs and evolutionary biology.

Kind regards,
Stephen

Stephen H. Jones
Research Fellow
Newman University, Genners Lane, Bartley Green, Birmingham B32 3NT

http://stephenhowardjones.info/

Call for Focus Group Participants in London - Science and Religion

The research team for a major new project, Science and Religion: Exploring the Spectrum<http://sciencereligionspectrum.org/>, is carrying out focus groups with professional scientists in central London in autumn 2016. We are seeking participants to talk about science, evolution, belief and science communication in religiously diverse societies.

The focus groups will take place in November or early December (on a date to be specified). We are looking for natural scientists working in all disciplines, although we have a particular interest in hearing from scientists whose research relates directly to evolutionary science. Participants can be of any religious orientation or none, and can be at any stage of their career, from PhD student to full professor. All will be given £20 as a token of thanks for taking part.

If you are interested in taking part or have any questions about the research, please email Stephen Jones [log in to unmask]  to discuss the details. For more information, see the project's webpage<http://sciencereligionspectrum.org/>.

The research is being carried out by Newman University<http://www.newman.ac.uk/>  and York University, Toronto<http://about.yorku.ca/>, in partnership with the British Library<http://www.bl.uk/>  and the British Science Association.http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/

Newman University, Genners Lane, Bartley Green, Birmingham B32 3NT ( Registered Office )

Tel +44 (0)121 476 1181 Fax +44 (0)121 476 1196

Newman University is a charitable company limited by guarantee,

Registered in England and Wales with Company number : 5493384 Charity number : 1110346 VAT number : 559 1908 08

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send reqests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)