Dear all

Many thanks for your replies so far on and off list, it is much appreciated.

Rachel, the attachment must have been stripped as it does not appear.

Janet, A Cultivated Wolf is indeed one of my key texts; it is even responsible for this dissertation in a way as I purchased it many years ago in French and from then started to collect picturebooks on reading, books and libraries.

It seems however very little has been written about monsters in picture books, apart from relating to fear.

Many thanks again

Mélanie