Dear Melanie,
Take a look at A Cultivated Wolf by Pascal Biet - I love it!
Also look at Kerenza Ghosh’s chapter in my book, Challenging and Controversial Picturebooks: Creative and Critical Responses to Visual Texts.(Routledge 2015). Her chapter, Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? Children's responses to the portrayal of wolves in picturebooks, includes a good overview of wolves in children’s literature - picturebooks in particular.
Hope this helps  and  good luck with your work.
Janet
Dr Janet Evans
www.janetevans.co.uk