A vital part of our community is to identify the next generation of outstanding scientists in the field of biomagnetism. This may reflect contributions in theory, instrumentation, methods, neuroscience or clinical application. Or some combination.

It is my honor to announce the recipients of the Biomag 2016 YIA awards. I should emphasize that the entire committee worked diligently on this deliberation, which was not easy given the excellent quality of applications.

The recipients are (in no preferential order):

Popov Tzvetan, Univ. Konstanz, Germany
Jean-Remi King, New York University, USA
Saskia Haegens, Columbia University, USA
Hyojin Park, University of Glasgow, UK
Elizabeth Heinrichs-Graham, University of Nebraska, USA

Congratulations to each of these award winners and also to the other contenders. As a field we are very excited by the strong prospects coming forward.

Please consider applying for the YIA awards for the Biomag2018 meeting. Information will become available soon at www.biomag2018.org

Respectfully submitted

Prof. Tim Roberts

Chair, Biomag 2016 Awards Committee