Dear MeCCSA subscribers,
This is a reminder that you only have another two weeks before the Early Bird registration closes for the annual MeCCSA conference at Leeds University, 11-13 January 2017.
Early Bird rates will finish at midnight on 14 November 2016 and we ask that all speakers register before this time so that we can prepare the detailed programme.
The theme for the conference is Culture, Media, Equality and Freedom and we have a fantastic line-up of keynote speakers: Dr Shakuntala Banaji (LSE); Professor Paul Gilroy (King's College London); Professor Andrew Ross (New York University); and Professor Barbie Zelizer (University of Pennsylvania). For more details see our website: http://meccsa2017.org.uk/keynotes/
Other highlights include an Innovation Booth from the Civic Media team at Bournemouth University: 'We will use hands-on activities for turning your research into resources for public engagement through storytelling, visualisation and communication design.' See our website for more details<http://meccsa2017.org.uk/programme/> or book a session here: http://www.civicmedia.io/events/bu-innovation-booth-at-meccsa-2017/ . You can also sign up for a drop-in session on the day.
We are looking forward to a number of roundtable discussions including 'Making Media in the North' with media practitioners who have all played a part in (re)imagining the north, and 'Media and the Public Interest' in response to BBC Charter renewal, Channel 4 privatisation and similar developments.
See http://meccsa2017.org.uk/programme/ for updates on the programme along with starting and finishing times for the conference.
If you are unsure whether you have MeCCSA institutional membership, or would like to join, please contact MeCCSA directly: http://www.meccsa.org.uk/join/ .
Best wishes,
Katy (on behalf of the Leeds MeCCSA 2017 organising committee)

Contact for enquiries: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

Dr Katy Parry,
Lecturer in Media and Communication; Deputy Director of Student Education
http://media.leeds.ac.uk/people/katy-parry/

Room 2.05
School of Media and Communication
Clothworkers' Building North