Hello MCGers,

Please share with any group/person who may be interested.

Free UK Genealogy is committed to supporting the transcription of public records and making these available as free access public databases. We currently have 3 projects transcribing Birth, Marriage and Death indices, Parish Registers etc. and Censuses, and we have more planned for the future.

More than ten thousand volunteers have contributed over 350,000,000 records. This achievement allows over 40,000 people each day to search the databases helping them in their family history research. More recently we have begun to investigate how these databases can be made available under Open Data licences to provide additional benefit to researchers and the public. You can learn more about us here: http://www.freeukgenealogy.org.uk/about/

In order to support the organisation we are looking to create an advisory board.

The advisory board will be made up of people that can provide the benefit of their expertise to Free UK Genealogy to help it develop over the coming years. We are particularly interested in people that have experience in:

Other areas we are looking for advice in:

Membership of the advisory board is entirely voluntary so requires people with a firm commitment to seeing Free UK Genealogy continue to succeed.

Contribution would be in the form of membership of an email list but with quarterly video meetings/conference calls and one face to face meeting in a year.

If you feel you would be able to advise the organisation as we go forward then please contact [log in to unmask]

Kind regards,

Denise

Denise Colbert
Engagement Co-ordinator

T: +44 7825 338014

Free UK Genealogy
A charity registered in England and Wales, number 1096940, transitioning to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered in England and Wales, number 1167484.

VAT registration: 233 0105 70

**************************************************************** website: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup [un]subscribe: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/ ****************************************************************