Sorry Jennifer, you're absolutely right. Here's some detail:

DAMs is Digital Asset Management system, sometimes also called Media Asset Management (MAM) where the system is content-aware. Essentially a DAM is the system which controls ingest, storage and retrieval of digital assets (often cultural heritage collections, but also banks, oil and gas, media organisations, anywhere large numbers of digital files are stored and retrieved):
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_asset_management

IPTC IIM is the Information Interchange Model (essentially, a standard and protocol for embedding descriptive metadata file headers) the International Press Telecommunications Council, a consortium of media organisations:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPTC_Information_Interchange_Model

XMP is the Extensible Metadata Platform, originally by Adobe but now an ISO standard (International Organisation for Standardisation), also an embedded metadata standard, slightly complicated in that IPTC IIM describes some of its attributes within an XMP schema. It might be accurate to say that XMP can embed some but not all IPTC attributes:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extensible_Metadata_Platform

FADGI is the US Federal Agencies Digitisation Guidelines Initiative, probably the most influential best practice framework for digital preservation, with two main focus groups, one for images and one for audio-visual:
http://www.digitizationguidelines.gov/

The Library of Congress and FADGI publish lots of excellent resources on file formats, criteria for selection, etc. It's my first stop for any considerations around digital asset (other resources are available...  e.g. TNA aka The National Archives, Presto Centre, Digital Preservation Coalition):
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/

Sent from my iPad