International Journal for Digital Art History (DAH-Journal)

Issue #2: Visualizing Big Image Data

The DAH-Journal is a platform for projects and ideas, for networking, expanding knowledge and pushing forward our discipline, Art History. We are proud to announce that the second issue "Visualizing Big Image Data" is now available.

Please click here: http://dah-journal.org/current.html

For the table of contents see below.

Subscribe to our newsletter: http://dah-journal.org

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dahjournal

Contents

Editorial

Harald Klinke, Liska Surkemper

Big Image Data as new research opportunity in Art History

Harald Klinke

Big Image Data within the Big Picture of Art History

Featured Article

Maximilian Schich

Figuring Out Art History

Showing Digitized Corpora

Babak Saleh, Ahmed Elgammal

Large-scale Classification of Fine-Art Paintings.

Learning The Right Metric on The Right Feature

Mathias Bernhard

Gugelmann Galaxy.

An Unexpected Journey through a collection of Schweizer Kleinmeister

Artistic Data and Network Analysis

Stefka Hristova

Images as Data.

Cultural Analytics and Aby Warburg’s Mnemosyne

Matthew D. Lincoln

Social Network Centralization Dynamics in Print Production in the Low Countries, 1550- 1750

Interview

Harald Klinke, Liska Surkemper

In Conversation with George Legrady: Experimenting with Meta Images.

Artistic Approaches meet Computational Methods

Case Studies

Damon Crockett

Direct Visualization Techniques for the Analysis of Image Data

Carsten Dilba, Marian Dörk, Katrin Glinka, Christopher Pietsch

Linking structure, texture and context in a visualization of historical drawings by Frederick William IV (1795-1861)

Workshops

Peter Bell

Computing Art. A Summer School for Digital Art History

Caroline Bruzelius

The Visualizing Venice Summer Program “The Biennale and the City”

We would like to invite everyone to actively participate in the discourse on the future of Art History as readers and authors. Get in contact with us! We welcome your feedback: [log in to unmask]

ISSN: 2363-5398 (print version)
ISSN: 2363-5401 (electronic version)

**************************************************************** website: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup [un]subscribe: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/ ****************************************************************