Good day to all!

I am delighted to announce that JSTOR has introduced a new program to make Open Access monographs available on its platform.  At this time, 63 monographs across the Humanities and Social Sciences are available from UCL Press, Cornell University Press, University of California Press, and University of Michigan Press.  We are planning to announce additional partners and hundreds more Open Access titles in the coming months.

The ebooks are freely available for anyone to use, and carry one of six Creative Commons licenses.  The titles are DRM-free, and users will not need to register or log in to JSTOR to access the titles.  We are making free MARC records available to all libraries, and providing metadata and full text for these titles to the major discovery services.  We hope that making the titles discoverable alongside other scholarly resources on JSTOR will help increase their usage and impact.  We look forward to sharing what we learn with the scholarly community.

For further details and the full list of titles, please visit http://about.jstor.org/open-access

Cheers,

Colleen

Colleen Campbell
Director, Institutional Participation and Strategic Partnerships – Europe

JSTOR | Portico

Desk (Italy) +39-055-8468189

Mobile (US) +1-917-476-5006

Skype: Colleen.Campbell_ITHAKA.Europe

ITHAKA (www.ithaka.org) is a not-for-profit organization that works with the global higher educational community to advance and preserve knowledge and to improve teaching and learning through the use of digital technologies. ITHAKA has launched some of the most transformative and widely used services in higher education: JSTOR, Portico and Ithaka S+R. Recently ITHAKA has enhanced its mission through a strategic alliance with Artstor, facilitating access to its services for researchers, teachers, and students worldwide.