I used flirt. First without and then with the applyxfm arguments. These were my commands:

/usr/local/fsl/bin/flirt -in /TEST_DIR/bold_brain.nii -ref /usr/local/fsl/data/standard/MNI152_T1_3mm_brain.nii -out /TEST_DIR /flirt_output.nii -omat /TEST_DIR /flirt_output.mat -bins 256 -cost corratio -searchrx -90 90 -searchry -90 90 -searchrz -90 90 -dof 12  -interp trilinear

/usr/local/fsl/bin/flirt -in /TEST_DIR /bold_brain.nii -applyxfm -init /TEST_DIR /flirt_output.mat -out /TEST_DIR /post_flirt_AND_applyxfm.nii.gz -paddingsize 0.0 -interp trilinear -ref /TEST_DIR /flirt_output.nii.gz

Perhaps I'll look into FNIRT. I'd feel a lot better nailing this down to a single step. Feels less "noisy" to me.

Damion

-----
Graduate Student
UT Austin | Cognitive Neuroscience