We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated candidate for an MRC-funded PhD project in the University of Manchester - “Understanding network level changes in multiple sclerosis (MS): relationships with cognitive dysfunction.”

You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team with Cognitive Neuroscientists (Dr Nils Muhlert), Physicists (Prof Geoff Parker) and Neurologists (Dr David Rog, Dr David Paling), examining the association between connectivity changes in core cortical hub regions and cognitive impairment in people with MS. We are looking for candidates with expertise in the analysis of functional and structural MRI data. For this, you should have experience in using SPM or FSL for analysing resting state or task-related BOLD data. It would be preferable if you have experience in analysing diffusion MRI data and/ or in working with clinical populations, although training and support in these areas will be provided.

The deadline for the project is November 18th. You can apply online at: https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/study/research/projects/ Search for

Please contact Dr Muhlert for an informal discussion prior to applying at [log in to unmask]