Hi Iselin,

This can be done using permutation tests, although not yet in randomise. It
is available in PALM though. You'd proceed as this:

1) Assemble a design matrix as usual for a 3-group comparison:

EV1: Control group, coded as 0 if not control, or 1 if control.
EV2: High-risk group, coded as 0 if not high-risk, 1 if high-risk.
EV3: Affected group, coded as 0 if not affected, 1 if affected.
EV4, etc: Additional nuisance variables as needed, e.g., age, sex, etc.

2) Define the contrasts also as a 3-group comparison. For instance:

C1: [1 -1 0 0 ...], for Con > HR
C2: [1 0 -1 0 ...], for Con > Aff
C3: [0 1 -1 0 ...], for HR > Aff
C4: [-1 1 0 0 ...], for Con < HR
C5: [-1 0 1 0 ...], for Con < Aff
C6: [0 -1 1 0 ...], for HR < Aff

3) Define a file with the exchangeability blocks, one such block per
sibship. I assume all sibships are complete and have size (cardinality) =
2. If the subjects are entered in the design in pairs, the EB file would be
something as:

*1*
*1*
*2*
*2*
*3*
*3*
*4*
*4*
*... etc*

4) Run PALM with the desired options, making sure to use the options "-eb
<EB file>", "-within" and "-whole". Something as this:

*palm -i 4d_copes.nii.gz -d design.mat -t design.con -eb design.grp -within
-whole -n 2000 -corrcon -logp -o myresults [other options]*

The way as the permutations are created for these cases is described in this
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S105381191500508X> paper.
Subjects will be permuted within sibship, then the sibships will be
permuted as a whole.

Interestingly, this design isn't properly seeking either "within-pair" or
"between-pair" effects. Yet, it will inform about group differences while
respecting the family relationships.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Anderson