It is a pity, that publishers do not support the archive their selves.

The cost of keeping it alive is close to zero.

Unfortunately this example show:

1) what is electronically published is not reliable, not protected from
manipulations and later censoring; all important materials researcher
have to keep in his collection

2) the archiving initiatives are not reliable - you may check the ref

vvv

On 2016-10-24 17:57, Braulio Santos wrote:
> Issues 1-156 are still available through the Internet Archive Wayback
> Machine
> (https://web.archive.org/web/20080714225948/http://www.jr2.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/pdf.html).
>

> Bráulio Santos
> Unidade de Bioestatístca
> Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia
> Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>>:
>
>     It is too bad to see Bandolier go by the wayside, but my hunch is
>     that the archive may have been taken down due to the evidence
>     becoming increasingly out of date in the absence of ongoing
>     efforts to maintain the resource.
>     Bill Cayley, Jr, MD MDiv
>     [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>     [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>     http://twitter.com/bcayley
>     Work: 715.286.2270 <tel:715.286.2270>
>     Pager: 715.838.7940 <tel:715.838.7940>
>     Home: 715.830.0932 <tel:715.830.0932>
>     Mobile: 715.828.4636 <tel:715.828.4636>
>     //
>     //
>     "//I think some of the most celebrated moments in human
>     achievement should be those times when everything is going against
>     a person and they are down in the dumps but they simply choose to
>     get up. That's real greatness."   -- Ryan Hall//
>

>     On Saturday, October 22, 2016 8:29 AM, Tom Jefferson
>     <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>

>     Very sad, I rember its launch, in the early days it was a
>     fundamental much used resource. Somewhere I must stilll have a 1-2
>     issues from my days as a GP.
>
>     Happy times
>
>     Dr Tom Jefferson
>     Honorary Research Fellow
>     Centre for Evidence Based Medicine
>     Oxford OX2 6GG
>
>     On 22 October 2016 at 10:01, Jon Brassey
>     <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>
>         Hi All,
>
>         I'm not sure when it happened, but the Bandolier archive has
>         been removed from the web.  For those of us who've been
>         involved in EBM for years Bandolier was a wonderfully written
>         resource that helped support the early growth of EBM.  I
>         appreciate it hasn't been active for many years but the
>         archive had been available until now.  Here is the message on
>         the site: <http://www.medicine.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/>
>

>           Bandolier is no longer available here
>

>               Bandolier was an independent healthcare journal about
>               evidence-based healthcare, written by Oxford University
>               scientists.
>               It was started in 1994. Publication of the printed
>               version ceased in 2007. New material was published
>               online until publication ceased in 2010
>

>         Best wishes
>
>         jon
>
>         --
>         Jon Brassey
>         Director, Trip Database <http://www.tripdatabase.com/>
>         Honorary Fellow at CEBM <http://www.cebm.net/>, University of
>         Oxford
>         Creator, Rapid-Reviews.info <http://rapid-reviews.info/>

Vasiliy V. Vlassov, MD
President, Society for Evidence Based Medicine (osdm.org)
e-mail: vlassov[a t]cochrane.ru
snail mail: P.O.Box 13 Moscow 109451 Russia
Phone Russia +7(965)2511021

Подпишись на новости на osdm.org

--
THANK YOU for deleting my e-mail  address , any other addresses, and any personal information, from this  e-mail, if you plan to forward it. Also, thank you for using “Bcc” instead of “To” and “Cc“ when initiating  both individual and group e-mails. These extra actions on your part help to prevent spammers and hackers  from obtaining addresses and thus help prevent the proliferation of  spam.