The Geography Department at King's College London is currently advertising two Chairs, one Professor in Development Geography and one Professor of Climate & Society.

Professor of Climate and Society: https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=73616

We are seeking internationally-distinguished applicants with an outstanding track-record of influential research, publications and external funding, and who have the ability to demonstrate clear leadership in research and teaching. In particular, we seek applicants whose work contributes to the human geography of climate, and who can offer leadership in the Department’s research domains of risk & society and/or contested development. Applications are particularly sought from those whose work has contributed to furthering understanding of climate adaptation; climate governance; climate and development; climate risk perceptions; climate change communication; or the politics of climate knowledge.

Professor in Development Geography: https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=73617

We are seeking internationally-distinguished applicants with an outstanding track-record of influential research, publications and external funding, and who have the ability to demonstrate clear leadership in research and teaching. In particular, we seek applicants whose work contributes specifically to the geographies of development and whose work cuts across the core human and environmental geography interests of the Department, for example in cities, migration, critical development studies, political ecology, risk governance, water security, climate & culture, and geocomputation. Applications are particularly sought from those who can offer international leadership in one or more of these themes and whose work strengthens our existing research expertise in regions of the global south.

The closing date is 20 November 2016.

For an informal discussion to find out more about the role please contact Professor Mike Hulme, Head of Geography Department, [log in to unmask] or Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 2487.