My father in law was from Aberfan and had to go and report on the disaster as a young reporter on the South Wales echo which must have been hard for him.

We are only a small island and our lives and experiences link with those of others in many ways.

From: David E Jackson
Sent: ‎21/‎10/‎2016 13:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Remembering Aberfan

Dear List,
I thought as a group we may take a moment to remember the 166 children and 28 adults who lost their lives in the Aberfan Colliery disaster 50years ago today. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-150d11df-c541-44a9-9332-560a19828c47

As a mining engineering student in Cardiff during the 1980s this case was highlighted to me as an engineering case study.  The true learning, however, comes from the extraordinary sadness of personal loss, the callous corporate and governmental disinterest shown the victim's families and the lasting legacy of psychological damage caused by this monumental catastrophe, which continues to this day.

David