From your picture it looks like you have both these needle clusters and single needle/rod-lke crystals. The diffraction pattern you show is what you expect from a needle cluster (with the ring-like patterns at low resolution), a single needle or a larger optimized single crystal should give you no trouble.

Petri

Petri Kursula, PhD
----------
Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Department of Biomedicine
University of Bergen, Norway
http://www.uib.no/en/persons/Petri.Kursula <http://www.uib.no/en/persons/Petri.Kursula>
Project Leader, Docent
Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine
Biocenter Oulu
University of Oulu, Finland