Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Liu Rachel
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2016 08:55
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: [ccp4bb] strange X-ray diffraction diagram——RNA Or Complex

Dear everyone:

Recently, I suffered a problem during my research work. I purified a zinc finger protein, and crystallized as a beautiful cube in a reservoir solution only containing phosphate as the precipitant, no other buffer or molecules. However, regardless of multiple optimization, the crystal diffracted badly (7~8 Å best). I have also tried co-crystallization with dsRNA because this protein can  bind to dsRNA. Then crystals grow in a new condition2.5M (NH4)2SO40.1M BTP,  pH7.0and its form change to cluster of needle. But the X-ray diffraction diagram is very strangeas shown in the picture. The Data cannot be processed with HKL2000 either. I want to figure out, could this be a RNA crystal rather than the complex?   Or is there anybody know about the crystal of RNA molecular

Thank you very much!

Yujie Liu
Room 2071, research center in life sciences,
China Agricultural University
No. 2 yuanmingyuan west road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100193  P.R. China
Tel: (86)-10-62734078