Please let's not get into that again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Oct 31, 2016 11:35 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The "problem" of gender

I'd actually forgotten about all that! The details of it, anyway. Reading my reply to Alison's letter (I obviously thought she was being a bit disingenuous), I am reminded that the "changed emails" by Debrot were very much, and transparently so, a part of the parody, which did shake up the list, back then. Fifteen years ago, to be sure.

The Lacan/Debrot correspondence, with a brief Preface by Slavoj Zizek, btw, was eventually published as a chapbook by both the Cambridge Conference on Contemporary Poetry, and later by Marianne Morris and Jo L Walton's Bad Press in Cambridge.

VeRT was one of the most lively online poetry journals ever, and the entire run, edited by Andrew Felsinger, can be viewed at the EPC archives, at Buffalo.

Kent

>>> David Lace <[log in to unmask]> 10/31/16 9:46 AM >>>
Do you mean this meltdown Kent?

http://epc.buffalo.edu/mags/vert/Vert_issue_3/johsonresp.html

here’s link to a thread here discusing the controversy

https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=british-irish-poets;3138b643.01

And a link to a thread discsuing kent's removal from the list:

https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind01&L=poetryetc&D=0&P=2474786

All this was in 2001.